Thursday, December 29, 2005

Blog Entry – 27 December 2005

Yesterday, we went for another family dinner, this time with the family of my second aunt. It was good fun. We had Yong Tau Foo and various other dishes in a restaurant near my grandma’s place.

However, that is not the point.

My cousin, ChingYaw sent us back. And seeing that my parents are currently interested in investing around Puchong, he brought us for a drive through some parts of Puchong. We saw houses, apartments, condominiums – both completed and uncompleted. Rows and rows of cars parked outside the apartments, thousands upon thousands of brightly lit windows in the dark of the night, and that was when it hit me.

So many people here in Puchong.

Stats show that there are around half a million people living in this fast-developing area of Puchong. 500,000 people. Why, Kuching only has 700,000+ people! As I realized the magnitude of this fact, there was only one thing going through my mind:
So many of this people need God. And yet they don’t know Him. They don’t know about this God that is intensely searching for them.

And that really broke my heart. What do we have right now in the church – 300 people, maybe? Out of how many? Why, that’s barely 0.0006% of the population! And count in the fact that lots of the people in church are from neighbouring areas like Damansara, PJ, Subang and KL. What about the people from Puchong? Still quite minute, in my opinion.

I want to see Puchong reached for Christ. I don’t care what you are going to say about me. Call me anything you want, all I know is that I have a higher and greater calling – to make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. [See Matthew 28:19] I don’t know about all the nations where I’m concerned, but I know that it is my responsibility to reach out to where I am – my neighbours. Puchong, LUCT… these are all where I’m called to reach out to. I don’t know how I’m going to do it, I don’t know what to do, but I know that with God guiding me through this, I’ll be able to do to the best of my abilities.

I live to honour, serve, and please only one person.

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home