Friday, December 16, 2005

Happy 20th birthday, Jason Wong!!!!!

Heh.

Anyway, I'm sitting in Bern's room at the moment. A bunch of us, speciafically, Judy, Chun Wen, Nic and Tefo decided that we were going to camp out in Bern's place and watch DVDs. Therefore we did. Snatch, to be exact. Starring Benicio del Toro, Brad Pitt, and more F-words in the entire 2 hours than I could count.

Stupidly funny, though. I'll give it that much. Definitely ain't much on an intelligent show, though.

We are supposed to wake up in 3 hours time for a dim sum breakfast, us great planners. However, I've hung out with these people enough to know that they (including me la), make wonderful plans that never (most of the time) happen.

I've been spending the past couple of nights since Tuesday in my grandma's place. Lizzie was off at Singapore, Max at PD with Steven for some youth camp, which basically left the Prima area empty. Besides, I needed some TLC, pampering, Astro-use... you get the picture. So I made my way home.

Eh, don't lah give me that look. I don't go home just for that alright. But I gotta admit that it was partially so... there's no place like home ok? :)

On a slightly sadder note, Daryl's granddad just passed away due to lung cancer. *hugs* Don't worry about it, bro. Just do what you gotta do: be there for your family, comfort your parents, and be the shining light that you are called to be okay? Spread the love of Christ in this sad time.

I got a word while doing my QT just now, from 1Samuel 30: 6. "...David was greatly distressed because the men were talking about stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the Lord"

It really struck me, that one. How when the others were distressed, they talked about stoning David etc. However, though David was distressed, he sought his refuge in the Lord. And that, is the best way to deal with distress, trust me.

So Daryl-boy, don't worry about it okay? Though your family is distress, you seek refuge in the Lord. And after you've gotten your strength, teach them to seek refuge in the Lord. Use this opportunity, kay? Praying hard for you here. You know you've got us back here in spirit, though we can't be physically there for you. *Hugs more*

Well, gotta go crash and sleep. Judy's supposed to be coming up here also la. Where on earth is she? I don't want to be the only one sleeping in the room le....