Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fasting from the Internet

Yes, you read right. :P

The church (ECF) started our annual 10 day fast and prayer on Friday. Since I didn't know about it beforehand, I started seeking God about what I should fast from.

Food didn't seem much like a sacrifice. I mean, it's just food. Though I love, love food, it isn't exactly something that distracts me from the pursuit of God, you know what I mean?

I really like what King David said in 2Samuel 24:24 "...I will not present burnt offerings to the Lord my God that have cost me nothing,"

And in the same way, I don't want to just 'fast' from something which isn't that hard, or requires that much of a sacrifice.

The Internet (and this blog, haha) takes up a lot of my time. And I can safely say that in itself, really distracts me from God. Distracts me from spending time with God. From talking to Him. From listening to Him. From understanding more of His will for my life.

This decision is worth it - so worth it because by doing this, I'm starting the year right. And because I'm serious about my relationship with God, I will do whatever it takes to draw closer to Him. I trust that in these 8-10days or so, He will reveal many things to me, allow me to catch a glimpse of the plans that He has for my life.

I trust that I will have the wisdom to make important and neccessary decisions, and most importantly, that His name will be Glorified and lifted high because of this little step of obedience that I'm taking.

Until then, pray for me. Please pray for me because this isn't going to be easy. And uh, sms me. Call me. Whatever. I still need a social life, you know? :P

Oh and by the way, the fasting and prayer guide can be found on the church website. It can be downloaded, if you are interested in these whole prayer and fasting thing. :)

Til the next time we meet! Or I blog. Whichever comes first. :D

Don't forget, Bloggers Meet on 21 January! :)

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger E said...

F.Y.I.... u've been tagged by my meme... so that u haf sumthing 2 do after u've finished fasting... :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home