Sunday, September 11, 2005

So anyway, I'm sick.

Have been up and down this entire week..and it took a turn for the worse yesterday. I was feeling fine in the morning and afternoon, (save for the cough that's been tormenting me for a good 1 week) but I started to feel weird during worship yesterday. Made loads of mistakes la.

But anyway, that's not the point.

When pastor started preaching, I started feeling really cold and borrowed Lizzie's jacket. However, that wasn't enough, so I went to the creche at the back of the sanctuary, switched off the aircon in there, and sat down shivering while attempting to listen to the message. I could feel myself burning up. My throat went dry and my mouth was burning, and you could fry an egg on my forehead.

Really sick la, elaborate now also no use right?

Anyway James, Charlene and Yean Ching prayed for me! :D As did Ju, Lizzie and a bunch of other people. *hugs* Thanks much, guys!

But that's not my point.

I went to some 24-hour clinic to see the doctor there. He prescribed me some medicine while telling me not to wash my hair etc but not in a friendly doctor way la. So I took the medicine and left. Had a pau in Everyday before I stomached the medicine.

Reached the house feeling lightheaded and all floaty. Lizzie, my wonderful, wonderful housemate made me go straight to bed. Then she (get this) sponged me! The wonderful girl spent at least 3-4 hours in my room sponging me with cold water on my forehead, hands, legs etc while reading her sociology book and playing games on my handphone.

No one's sponged me in a LONG time!

I wurveeee that girl.

But I digress. The point is that, while I was lying there being pampered (teehee), my heart rate skyrocketed. Really. It just flew up to about 132. I could feel my heart struggling to pump and I was super freaked out okay, but there wasn't much I could do.

Called up the clinic this morning and asked for the names of the medicine. One lousy nurse said 'Aiyah, just continue the medication lah...."

WAH LAU EXCUSE ME! MY HEART'S BEATING LIKE I JUST RAN a MARATHON AND YOU TELL ME TO JUST CONTINUE EATING THE MEDICATION? WHAT, WANT ME TO DIE IZZIT?! LOUSYYYY GIT.

Called up Michelle Tan, one of the many pharmacists in church and asked her about it. She advised me to ask for the leaflet of the medicine to read about the side-effects blah blah and call her back in an hour so she could check her pharmacology book at home.

Cannot go clinic so mah I used the Internet to check lor.

And get this: Actifed, the flu medicine the doctor prescribed me is only supposed to be taken once every 12 hours, and a maximum of 1 tablet at a time.

You know how many he asked me to take? TWO!

Read this:

Side Effects of This Medicine

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although serious side effects occur rarely when this medicine is taken as recommended, they may be more likely to occur if:

* too much medicine is taken
* it is taken in large doses
* it is taken for a long period of time

Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur :

For all combinations

Convulsions (seizures);dizziness or lightheadedness (severe); fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there); headache (continuing and severe); increased sweating; mood or mental changes; nausea or vomiting (severe or continuing); nervousness or restlessness (severe); shortness of breath or troubled breathing; stomach cramps or pain (severe or continuing); swelling or tenderness in the upper abdomen or stomach area; trouble in sleeping

Source: drugs.com

Ah. You tell me? What kind of doctor is that? Wah....wanna whack him man...

Sue! Sue! Haha....kidding..though I wish I could. :(

Even now my heart rate is about 108. That's not normal! Normal heart rate should be about 60-85!

Never go to Klinik Selva in Bandar Puchong Jaya!

*mutters angrily under her breath*

Might need to see Dr Chin soon... that's my family doctor here lah. But he's super expensive lah.

I'm missing YOF today because of my sickness so I'm sad. Plus all my bones are aching. What's going on in my body?!

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang Lee's gay cowboy film wins Venice Golden Lion
World travel and annual medical insurance plans from independent advisors Medibroker International.
Good post!

Please check this interesting sites too:

Internet Home Business Tips - Make Money From Home!

dating personals

dating personals blog

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.. Poor thing.
Didn't ask me. We take Actifed at home.
Gosh.. To take 2 at once is MADNESS.
Go see another proper doctor lar. =)
Hope you'll get well soon too.

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home