Thursday, February 16, 2006

A short break sort-of thing.

The past week has been tough on me. I've had various ups and downs, many emotional roller-coasters, but God has been faithful, and for that, I love Him even more.

Grandma's mental condition is not at its best. She speaks nonsense, makes threats, and rages at us. It breaks my heart to see her in this state.

However, God is faithful. As I was reading Luke just now, the story about Jesus calming the storm and Peter confessing his identity jumped out at me.

... He got up, rebuked the wind and raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. "Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. Luke 8:24-25.

And when those words jumped out at me, I froze. I didn't know what to answer. So being the intelligent person that I am, I moved on, trying not to think about the question.

Jump to Luke 9:20. Then that small, soft voice spoke again.

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"

Oh Lord, forgive me for ever doubting you!

I'm taking somewhat of a short break from blogging, per se. The thoughts and emotions running through me at the moment are too private and emotion-filled to be shared with the rest of the world. Right now, they all go into my green book - my current escape when things come bearing down upon me. I've never been that eloquent a person. Writing, I think, is still the best therapy. For me, that is.

Take care, everyone, and do keep me in your prayers.

As for those of you wonderful people who've been cheering me up, I love you guys heaps. Those who message me encouraging things, those who silently handed me tissues even I didn't know they knew I was crying, those who just crack me up with their sheer corniness, people who tickle me till no end... the list goes on.

What would I ever do without you guys? Thanks for being the rainbows and sunbeams in my life.