Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I just went to visit my grandma for the last time before I go back tomorrow. Leaving the hospital was hard, as I really didn't want it to be the last time I see her alive.

I held her hand and explained to her that I am going back tomorrow... I know she heard me, but she couldn't respond as the ventilator that is inserted into her trachea prevents her from talking.

The family photos that we finally got around to taking when I came back in August for my cousin's wedding are finally done. Grandma looks so healthy in there, yet I know how hard it was for her to walk up those 3 flights of stairs to the top floor of the studio.

Anyway. Don't want to talk too much sad stuff. No fun that way.

I shall, instead, write about how Sweet Home Alabama has gone somewhere to the top5 in my 'Favourite Movies' list.

*Swats away would-be-detractors* Oh, pfft to you guys. Don't give me all that 'Sweet Home Alabama is a crap romantic comedy with the most predictable storyline on earth.'

Who cares if it's a predictable storyline. I like predictable storylines. They are so ultra predictable yet I still tear when I watch it. That's why they work, silly. People still fall for it. Ever wondered how conmen can repeat the same con and still get away with it? It's the same here, sweethearts.

Oh, oh and Josh Lucas who acts as Jake in the show? Fuih. That is one hot guy. He, too, has made my hot guys list. Who wants the boring Andrew character when there is the drooliciously-sweet 'I wanna marry you so I can kiss you anytime I want' redneck Jake?

Admit it, girls, we all like the bad boys/unpredictable ones. The normal, boring guys? Pfft. Boring. No adventure at all. Goodness, he probably has his socks placed in alphabetical order and in the colours of the rainbow.

Boring, boring, boring. Someone like Andrew wouldn't sweep Melanie of her feet, in a designer wedding gown in a rain-soaked field somewhere in the boondocks of Alabama. And that adventure is what we girls crave.

If you're not one of them, you're BORING. Ha.

But of course, when we get down to it, said badboy has got to prove that he can be steady person as well. Sure, he can have his adventurous times, but eventually, girls still want steadiness in their life. Guys too. They drool over Pamela Anderson, but we all know that the one they really want to marry is JillNextDoor. Because JillNextDoor is the one who would have dinner ready on the table when BadBoy comes back. Pammy girl, on the otherhand, would be too busy having her manicure to bother with mediocre tasks like dinner. 'There's always Chinese takeout, honey!' while being careful to not let a single drop of Elizabeth Arden blood-red nail polish drip onto the table.

Mmm. Badboys. I like.

I think, that when I get back, I am going to go off to Speedy and Jusco to look for the original copy of Sweet Home Alabama. I like Reese Witherspoon too! I think she's really an American Sweetheart.

Anyway. Enough for today la. The next time I post, I'd most probably be in college or Roy/Aaron's place. Hurray.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger carol said...

heh. see? that's exactly what I meant. Yes, I do. I'm a sap when it comes to shows like that. Teehee. :D It's one of those light shows that don't require too much deep thought etc. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home