Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Some lone time.....

After returning from Genting yesterday, I proceeded to have some much-needed 'myself' time.

Despite the fact that I am quite a social animaland enjoy hanging out, I also happen to like solitude. And with all the hustle and bustle of Christmas, parents and Lyne, I haven't had exactly had much time to myself.

I sat down at the dining table, and wrapped all my new books. I take great pride in wrapping up my books, because I just feel like I'm giving them - my beloved possessions - an extra lease on life. Embossed plastic! In the process of wrapping, I discovered that I've increased my book collection in KL by six books! All in one month! So happy! :D

I have...

1. Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes, courtesy of Lizzie.

2. Gifted Hands by Ben Carson M.D.

3. The Power of Intercession by Dutch Sheets

4. The Vision of His Glory by Anne Graham Lotz

5. Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery

6. Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery

Obviously the bookworm in me is overjoyed.

After wrapping up the books, I curled up under my comforter in my air-conditioned room, switched on my beautiful IKEA lamp, and proceeded to read a good part of the night away. And for a few hours, I allowed myself to be brought into the beautiful world of Ingleside and Prince Edward Island.....

I love my times of solitude.. those times when I go away on a trip into another world, where everything is beautiful, and rainbows dip into a remote corner of your garden...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home