Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year Resolutions

Pretty basic, really. They include being less messy, tidying up more often and not procrastinating as much as I have been doing.

However, above all else, what I have resolved for this year is to ask God for more wisdom.

Wisdom in dealing with my friends. When I think about the two years I've known Shirley and Grace, and how I yearn to see them come to know Christ, I feel like I've failed, in some sense, in leading them to Christ. How, you tell me?

Wisdom in leading the girls. I don't know how to do it! Sometimes, I feel so inadequate. But I know that with God, I can do it.

Wisdom in my speech and actions. As intelligent as I am (ha! :P), I tend to do really dumb things. How many quarrels and misunderstandings could have been averted if I had been more wise in my actions and words? Loads. I look back on all those occasions and deeply regret it.

Wisdom in dealing with my emotions. Sometimes, I allow my emotions to get the better of me, and that really can bring me down. This year, however, I will not let that happen...much. Keke.

That's just some of the wisdom I want la.. Basically, I really want to be in tune with what God wants me to do. I remember that in Bern's Christmas note to me, he asked me to remember that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Very well said indeed.

Draw closer to me, sweet Lord, as I draw closer to you....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home